Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Getting Jiggy with Layers--Edited

Edited to add: Alert reader Debbie from the UK just informed me that on her side of the pond, getting jiggy is a euphemism for sex. I assure you, I didn't get jiggy in that sense at all on the day I made this card (for all you know), although if I read the sentiment with that in mind, I suppose I should only give this card to my dear husband. Thanks, Debbie. I'll add that one to my list of naughty fun language facts!


The CAS Holiday Challenges included a sketch challenge I just had to try. The colors--cream, tan, and red--have been appearing all over the place lately. Oh how cool they are together!



There is still plenty of time to play along with the CAS Holiday Challenges. Click on over and see if any of them sparks your creativity!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, Rubber Stampede
ink: Memento desert sand, SU real red
paper: PTI cream
accessories: sponge, dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. The colors are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY lovely! Love the Screen Shadow background with the stop watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love all the colours together and do I see distressed edges? Nah! must be in the wrong place, LOL Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful. This was the one challenge I had time to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! Love the combo of red and tan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, these colours look very fine together. Your editorial comment is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am here for your amazing artwork of course, but you really do make me laugh as well and that's good for the health apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for a funny post - this is why I love coming to your blog. Well, the cards, too, of course.

    someone who used to love pears as a still-life object,
    Malyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to know those things, hmm? Of course, that initial gasp of "they think I said WHAT?!" is a little chilling, but I love that you look at it as learning a new fact.
    (And, I love your card. That colour combination is so striking!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!