Tuesday, July 12, 2011

One-Layer Wednesday 62: Make It Personal--Edited

Edited to Add: Several people asked where I got the state map stamp. It's from Rubber Stampede, USA Map, A17576. I think I picked mine up at Hobby Lobby.

This week's One-Layer Wednesday Challenge is to Make It Personal. In other words, make a card for a particular person that is custom designed for him or her. You might use the person's favorite colors or a favorite image (such as a frog card for a friend who collects frogs, or an iris because it's your mother's favorite flower). Perhaps your brother's birthday is coming up. Whatever you do, make it personal for someone special...and then send them the card!

My card is for my husband. He was in the USAF for twenty years, which means we've lived all over the United States. I decided to use this map of the States and color all the states in which we lived. The sentiment, from Mark's Finest Papers, sums up how I feel about all that shuffling around.



My, that's a lot of ground covered! And by the way, George loved the card.

OLW62 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of cardstock folded in half. No other layers allowed.

2. Make a personalized card for a specific individual in your life. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.

3. Post your card online and link to it using the InLinkz button on the sidebar of Simplicity. Make sure to share who your card is for and what makes it personal. If you post on SplitcoastStampers, please use the keyword OLW62.

4. Most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!!!

22 comments:

  1. Fun!!! I love this challenge! I am going to get right on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course he loved the card, it's FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card! I love the idea and it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly personal card - it's really lovely. You have really experienced life in all parts of America. And it's no surprise that George loved it! Now off to have a think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card and you really did cover some ground. Might have to do a card for our 21st wedding anniversary for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Susan. Will have to get my thinking cap on.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, what a great card. And talk about personal! You could NEVER find something like this at Hallmark. The sentiment is perfect. I'm sure George loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just wonderful, Susan. Love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I LOVE this card, Susan!! I'm naturally attracted to maps, and the way you personalized it for your husband is SO cool. Where, oh, where did you get that awesome USA map image??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that card!!!Where can I get the image of the map of the US? I have been looking for one for sometime and can't seem to find one that fits the front of a card. thank you
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see why he loved the card so much! What a brilliant idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fantastic fun! Love the way you personalised the card it's perfect for the men in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card! I, too, am wondering where you got the USA map stamp..love it as it would fit into my card making as well as scrapping! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sigh, that sentiment is so true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a perfect card. I am glad to see Michigan colored in. I live on the west side of the state and we had a perfect summer day today! I love this site and all the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card and I have only lived in Washington!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a brilliant idea for your hubbys card no way he could have not liked it Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a perfect card for a man. You missed living in AZ on Luke AFB. My SIL finished his 20 and settled here. Good thing he did, cause he met my wonderful dd and they married 5 yrs. ago, and made me a grandma! And I get to shop on base, as we live a short distance away. We also get to hear the F16 jets flying overhead. Some people don't like it, but I love the reminder of how safe we are because of the sacrifice made by those young men....Oh MY...how I've rambled...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card and my post is from a set of flower cards I made for a personal friend of mine.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I happened upon your blog a while back and have wanted to come back and look around so today I made it back. I really like this card... it probably struck a cord with me since I've lived in many of the same states as you have but not because of the Air Force! LOL!! I love your cards and subscribed to your blog. I'll be looking around as often as I can and look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!