Friday, July 22, 2011

Just the After, and a Thank You

Easing back into blogging here; not sure how often I'll post over the next week or so, but I can't stay away completely. I want to thank you all for your wonderful words of encouragement...y'all are the best!!!

I was going to make this a before-and-after post, because I made an "meh" card first, then this one. But once I edited the photo of the "meh" card, I decided it was actually a "blech" card. You're spared the disaster.

You're welcome. Seriously.


This card's color scheme was inspired by a tea display at Barnes and Noble, with gorgeous gold and green tins alternated on a shelf. The colors just looked so summery I had to put them on paper. 

I inked the grass from PTI's anniversary set for this year using the summer sun marker from StampinUp, then I streaked green galore over it. Before stamping, I huffed it a couple of times (heavy breathing and stamping go together so well). The watercolor effect is so pretty!

On the blech card, I inked the sentiment with a pad, and it looked too crisp for the watercolors of the grass, so here I used the rich cocoa Memento marker. To stamp the butterflies I used a set called Spring Garden from Leave Memories and inked them with the green galore marker, huffed, and got a bit of watercolor effect. Love the crispness of the white with the bright watercolors!

I didn't actually earn the PTI anniversary set this year. I bought eleven sets (ARRGGHHH!!!) instead of the required twelve last year, so no set for me. UNTIL my friend Linda E offered to send me her extra! So, in addition to the card, here's a big

THANK YOU, LINDA!!!!

21 comments:

  1. Heavy breathing and stamping... must tell my husb. :D This is a beautiful card... I really like the watercoloured look, especially on the grasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the card! I suffer from tennis elbow periodically, and I wear an elbow brace when I craft for extended periods of time - it helps immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came to know about you from one of my bloggy friend... I am really liking all your creations.. You got a fan following in India too... :)
    Keep up the good work... Already following you and will hop oover to your blog regularly...

    Love,
    Priya...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love friends like that? :-) I love PTI Botanical Silhouettes, and what you've done with it here is so pretty! Thanks for the additional inspiration.
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a simple card- but so wonderful!Love your art

    elborgi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Nice friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, nice to see you back! Make sure you don't over do it!! Don't do any additional damage.

    Love this card - the colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see you this morning! I was starting to have some serious withdrawal symptoms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card!! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated feel better wishes, Susan! Just now getting caught up on my Google Reader after two glorious weeks of vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a blessing for you! Good to see you back. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Glad you can craft and blog a bit now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy to see the email saying there was a post from you! But do take it easy and don't overdo it and make the elbow worse (I'm older than you so can nag!!!). Lovely card - I haven't used the marker/huffing technique for awhile - you've inspired me to do a card with it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always love seeing what you post, Susan! this card is just delightful in every way! Take your time to post whenever.I'll be here...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was ECSTATIC to see one of your cards show up on my dashboard again!!!!! YEAH! You're back!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, Susan. I hope your recovery continues to go well...take it easy and post when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Susan, Great card, not my favourite colours but you made it lovely:0) Glad to see that you're able to make cards, just take it easy :0) Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I seem to have fixed my commenting problem - it was the "stay signed in" check ... Once I took that off I seem to be able to comment! Yeah!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry you have been having problems with your elbow hope all is ok now as going backwards on your blog to catch up as internet was very naughty on holls Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!