Friday, July 8, 2011

Christmas Tags in July

Can I confess something? I ordered the Mehndi Medallions set from Papertrey for one reason and one reason only: to make Christmas tags.


These tags are old, old, old from StampinUp. Remember when SU had the tag sets? You know, 12x12 pages of die cut shapes (tags, library pockets, slides, etc.) that you could punch out and use? Yeah, sounded like a great idea, but mine just sat, largely unused. I eventually threw a bunch of them away in frustration, but I kept these fairly standard tags with the expectation of using them for the holidays but just never got around to it. Until now.

This weekend, see if there's something lying around your craft room unused...just waiting to be given a purpose. Then use it. Use it up. The world won't end, and you just might get a head start on your Christmas gift packaging!

Don't forget to check out the sets I've already posted for sale. And Darla, please send me an email with a valid address.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey mehndi medallions; Hero Arts sentiment
ink: Memento
paper: SU die cuts
accessories: DMC floss

13 comments:

  1. Use something up? Sounds scary. :P
    I LOVE the look of these tags. So classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these same tags and the same problem, lol. You have inspired me to use them for tags for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tags look great! All of my stamping supplies are packed away right now, but I will have to get stamping at some point before the summer is over and I have to get back to work.
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tags sound like a great idea - wish we'd had them here in the UK. Your Christmas tags look superb - and how fast was that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I'll have to make some. Love it. Quick and simple yet looks so pretty. Thanks for the inspiration, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tags. Alot of Christmas around at the mo! Must be because we've gone past the half way mark and are suddently starting to fret . . . !

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tags. That set is on my list for when my buying freeze comes off. And I still have a huge bag of those tags - some place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This medallion makes a beauftiul tag! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these tags! Your designs are always so inspiring. Keep the clean and simple loveliness coming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tags!! LOVE that stamp. I bought a stamp set the other day just to make one card I had in mind. After the ink, stamp set and some paper, $30 later I made one card. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS tags! LOVE that medallion image----just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My these are a great way to use up the scraps and get organised for christmas early !!!! Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!