Tuesday, May 15, 2012

CASification Inspired by Glenda Wyatt

When I saw the card by Glenda Wyatt in the latest special issue from Papercrafts Magazine, I squealed in delight and made my son ask, "Wha'?" He didn't get it, but you will:




Of course, Glenda's brilliant use of TOOTHPICKS to make a GRID for an adorable patterned-paper flower made me squeal, and while it's already CAS (check out all that glorious white space!), I decided to use my Hero Arts Envelope Pattern background to make a flatter version of Glenda's card.



I masked an area of the card and then stamped the Envelope Pattern at an angle, so the pattern would be horizontal/vertical rather than diagonal. Clever, eh? Then, after unsuccessfully experimenting with my flower punches and really wishing I had a die cut machine and an infinite number of dies, I thought about Papertrey's Beautiful Blooms, with this totally fab and timeless daisy stamp.

YAY!!!!!

It's not as awesomely creative as Glenda's original, and I had to move my sentiment onto the grid because the flower wasn't quite large enough for the grid area I stamped, but it's a bit more mailable (even with the button) and it gave me a chance to use SU's Cherry Cobbler, which is completely wonderful.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ink (Beautiful Blooms), Hero Arts (Envelope Pattern), SU (sentiment)
ink: SU pretty in pink, cherry cobbler (yummy!)
paper: PTI white
accessories: button, glue dot, craft thread, post-its for masking

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card! I, too, love cherry cobbler and use it every chance I get. Isn't it gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your case of Glenda's card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely! And I do like this colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous CASE! I love the way you simplify other cards you come across!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I have so many ideas spinning in my head from this....and I'm at work (Sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love how your flower goes outside the box. I mail most of my cards, and am always looking for ways to keep them flat. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful case! I absolutely love it! Red is my favourite colour too :D. Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!