Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Finally...It Is MINE!!!!

I have wanted this stamp for, oh, forever. And every time I went to place a Hero order at my favorite, trusted Hero suppliers, it was out of stock. Duh. It's, well, cool.



I finally got lucky on my last order...when there was just one left!

Over the next few days, I'm going to show a variety of uses for small patterned backgrounds like this. We'll start with the most obvious use of a big background stamp...a big background.



This card uses an old sentiment (Stampabilities, I think) that I just love, some turquoise bling flowers that I just love, and a piece of A Muse card stock (thanks, Joan!) that I just love.

Tonight, I'm all about the love, basking in the glow of cool stamp ownership.

Stamping Tip: When using big background stamps, I use one of two methods for getting a good impression. #1) Ink the stamp and place it inky side up on the table. place the card to be stamped on the stamp, cover with a sheet of scrap paper, and use a bone folder to rub over the surface of the stamp. #2) Place the paper to be stamped on a solid floor or piece of good-one-side plywood. Place the inked stamp down on the paper and then stand on the stamp. Works every time.

Supplies
stamps: Stampabilities, Hero Arts
ink: Memento gray, SU cool caribbean
paper: A Muse, no-name white, PTI gray
accessories: dimensionals, gemstone flowers

11 comments:

  1. Woo, Hoo - Enjoy simply looking at it and smiling, as much as anything else! Look forward to the inspiration..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sounding a bit like Gollum in your title...

    You have already put it to very good use; your card is lovely. I used to reach for my big canvas background stamp often, now it is the big script background that has become my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Standing on the stamp! Great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I appreciate the tips on using large background stamps - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, love this stamp! YOu can also use a brayer instead of a bone folder! Or a book press if you have one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to see that you have this stamp. I got it recently as well. It took me a long time to take the plunge, as I was wrestling with the fact that it is wooden, and I so prefer clear. I'll look forward to seeing some inspirational ideas as you use this stamp. Love your technique of standing on the stamp. I can't tell if you are kidding or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love this Envelope Patterns stamp as long as I got it! You are going to have fun! ( I just posted one card with this stamp yesterday.)Can't wait to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card. I use technique #1. Never heard of standing on a stamp - only heard of and tried "butt stamping". Same concept, different body part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, and that's one of my favourite stamps too - good for so many different uses, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's one of my favorite HA stamps. Looking forward to your creations with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the thought of you basking in the glow of your new acquisition - it is so simple to bring joy to a stamper!

    And thanks for the great tips for using big background stamps. I always have trouble getting a good impression. Could you also mention any advice on inking up big stamp, please?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!