Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cool Stuff from Gay in the UK!

My online friend Gay sent me a package last week...a package that included her absolutely drop-dead gorgeous card for one of the OLW challenges.

Gay's Fabulous Christmas Card

That masking and sponging is divine!!!! Plus, the pine branch is perfectly placed for superb interest and sheer gorgeousness.

She included a pile of die cuts for me to play with, and these are the first cards I made with them.





The intricate frames are soooo pretty, and I knew I wanted to go with something elegant on them. Alas, I don't have a whole lot of elegant stamps, but then I remembered Everyday Blessings from Papertrey, and these came together lickety-split. The card stock is from GinaK...thanks again, Jimmi!

I'm going to have so much fun using the rest of the die cuts...thanks so much, Gay.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey
ink: Brilliance lavender and purple, Memento black
paper: GinaK
accessories: die cuts, gemstones, glue pen

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Susan. I have had so much fun perusing your blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, your friend's card is beautiful. Second, your cards are wonderful. Those dies are indeed elegant. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning! How awesome to receive such beautiful bounty in your mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your right what a cracker of a card! And what you have done with the die cuts I just love, simple and stylish as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend Gay's Christmas card is stunning! I've copied it into my favourites document for future inspiration.

    I love the way you've used the dies she sent you. You've kept the cards, images, and sentiments simple enough to allow the intricacy and beauty of the dies to be the stars of the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Susan, Now I'm blushing LOL Thank you so much for your kind words:0) I'm so pleased that you found the die cuts useful. Your cards are beautiful, love the sentiment stamps. Thank you for all your wonderful inspiration :0)Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan or Gay, would you please share the brand and name of those wonderful dies? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Char, the dies are Spellbinders, Nestabilities and called Fleur De Lis Squares, :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Gay. Off to shop now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Gay. Off to shop now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!