Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Question and Request for You

Reader Brend is having a weird experience on Simplicity, and I hope one of you can help. She's getting text enhancement on certain words...you know, when her cursor hovers over them, she gets ad links. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know what's causing it? I don't get any text enhancement, so we suspect it might be a virus on her computer or some setting in her browser. Any help getting rid of this annoying feature would be greatly appreciated!

Please know that if I ever add advertising to Simplicity, it will be the "bottom of the post, non-blinky" kind. DH is mad that I have so many hits and no money to show for them, LOL!

Also, Reader Leslie had a problem commenting on a post on my other blog. If you ever have a problem commenting on any of my blogs, please pretty please let me know.

12 comments:

  1. Yes! I had this problem a few weeks back and it was incredibly frustrating. It turned out that we had a redirection virus on our computer. It was a nasty little thing that would re-download itself when it was deleted, and it caused the text links and redirected you EVERY TIME you clicked on a genuine link. So searching the net for help was a NIGHTMARE because you could never get to the link you wanted to!

    We used a free malware application from Kaspersky, called TDSSKiller. It scans your computer within a couple of minutes.

    http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363 - that has the link for the download as well as information on how to use it. It's really simple.

    We also ran several scans over the computer afterwards just to make sure. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One other thing. If she's also getting redirected when she clicks on a link, I found that copying and pasting the link directly into a new browser or window worked. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not happening to me. I did have a period a couple of months ago when I was getting loads of hits on my site - but that's gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I have had no problems on your blog nor with making any comments. A good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problems on your blog for me. Which is a good thing--I really enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She has a virus. She needs to get it scanned and cleaned. Total pain in the backside. If you don't get rid of it completely it will keep coming back. If she is not comfortable doing it on her own, take it to a pro for help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No problems for me either ~ using a Mac so not sure if that makes any difference. Sounds like others confirmed it's a virus ~ and not a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I've had that problem too. Still do. that first solution wouldn't work on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No problems here, although I do use Google Reader to view all my blogs in one place. Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. No problems, here, but then I read in Google Reader, and only click through to jump to the comment box.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!