Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Finding My Mojo with Jaclyn Miller

Before we get to my mojo, don't forget to check out OLW89 on Cheryl's Blog: Something Sweet. Make a one-layer card with something sweet on it. Her sample is fabulously inspiring, and I'm going to make time tomorrow to play along!!!!


And now on to my mojo.

Oh, I'm having so much fun with Card Creations Volume 10! Today's inspiration comes from Jaclyn Miller and her absolutely delightfully "me" baby card:



Can't you just imagine I would make a card like this? Check out all that glorious white space! Check out that fun color combo! Check out the SINGLE LAYER OF CARD STOCK!!!!!!!!!

Of course, I can't remember ever having the brain bliss to do something like this, so I took her brilliant idea and looked for stamps in my collection that would work similarly. And I made this in about five minutes (and that includes searching for the stamps):



Squeee!!!!!

Sometimes, when we improvise, we have to tweek things to keep the design balanced. Since my sentiment was a bit wider and the red image a bit bigger than Jaclyn's, I moved it down on the card. That just felt right for balance. Higher, it would have looked top-heavy. Lower down, it feels grounded.

Thank you, Jaclyn, for opening up a whole glorious new CAS layout for me. I anticipate using this one with every single long sentiment I own. The permutations are endless!


Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ink Floral Frenzy
ink: Memento pear tart, black; SU real red (because it's the only real red out there!)
paper: Papertrey
accessories: not a single one!


12 comments:

  1. I love Jaclyn's card and I love your take on her design! So fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cool! I'm going to raid my stamp sets, too, to see what I can come up with using this layout. Thanks a bunch, Susan! I LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple, so gorgeous - love it! M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Yes. Lovely design - I'll be able to use my long sentiments too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, just beautiful to look at. Hope you"ll share more permutations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I like your take on Jaclyn Miller's card. Very pretty and so simple. I'm even more impressed with the time it took you to put it together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your inspiration! I wish I could run home now and make something. Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this when I saw in the magazine, & I love what you did with it here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, Susan, using one of my fave sets. Love your take on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this mojo series.. love ur take on each of them.. and this one is fab too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the colors you used on the flower card Susan and the placement and that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jaclyn Miller commented on this post, but I screwed up and deleted the comment. Here's what she said:

    "Hi Susan, I just saw this pinned on Pinterest and had to leave a comment. I'm SO flattered that you CASEd my card. Your take on it is so beautiful and just as good if not better than the original!"

    What a kind comment! Thanks so much, Jaclyn, for taking the time to comment and for providing AMAZING inspiration over and over!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!