Sunday, December 20, 2009

2009 New Year's Resolution

In January, I decided to use every stamp in my stash--except sentiments because some are just too darn weird. Because I have a ridiculous number of stamps, I know better than to try to use all of them in one year, so there is no time limit on this resolution. After almost 12 months, I've used every image stamp in 87 sets of stamps. The breakdown is thus:

18 PTI sets
27 Hero Arts sets
42 StampinUp sets

This isn't all my stamp sets (do ya think I'm obsessed?), but it's a healthy percentage, definitely more than half of all the sets I have with images (i.e., not alphabet sets or sentiment sets). GO ME!

Today's card uses SU's Happy Hearts, a set which I haven't used in, oh, forever. I'm trying to make some Valentine's cards for the troops, and this particular heart has never appealed to me...until now.



I combined it with a fun sentiment (not sure from whom, but I think it's Inkadinkado) and cut out most of the inner heart to flutter. I know I can't possibly be the only person to have done this, but golly, I feel clever anyway!

Supplies
stamps: SU, Inkadinkado (?)
ink: Palette dark chocolate, SU real red
paper: PTI vintage cream
accessories: dimensionals, red gemstone
size: 4.25" square

13 comments:

  1. Can I please just say thank you - for your beautiful cards, and your wisdom! Jo (PS Wishing you and all your family a wonderful Christmas, and a great 2010)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes indeed!!
    this card is one of my all time favs. of course, all your cards are inspired. thanks soo much for sharing. it is truly a pleasure to visit your blog everyday.
    enjoy your sunday.
    marty ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that would be a great challenge for next year to use every stamp image you own. If not then sell it off at one of the used stamp sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Congratulations on using
    so many of your stamps! I am going to have to try to do a better job
    of that. I love your blog. Thanks
    for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pairing of that sentiment with that image is perfect. The font, the words themselves and the cut out inner image....all come together in a really perfect little card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card, Susan, and such a fabby resolution! I'm so glad to have seen you follow through with it all year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Susan. Your card is sitting on my dining room table, which is in a house surrounded by 18" of snow! So no mail yesterday or tomorrow.

    This card is adorable. I am very much enjoying your blog(s) and love to hear how you make things.

    I'm in the process of purging. You are inspiring me to clean up my act!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you on keeeping your resolution and using soooooo many stamps. I have loved every minute spent reading your blog and am so gratful that you take the time to share all your cards together with your funny and sometimes very informative commentary. You are a true inspiration and I look forward to your 2010 creations. So wish I was more focused and could follow your example and either use all of my stamps or 'lose' them.....
    Happy Christmas to you and yours and a peacful 2010
    PS What do I have to do to get on your Christmas card list!!! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you for making such a big dent in your stamp set use. I do think that the half cut center heart and the coordinating center are very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a great New Years resolution and amazing that you were able to use so many stamps and stamp sets! That takes Moxie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine M, email me your snail mail addy and I'll see what I can do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah for you is right!! You have done very well at using your stamps. and thank you for inspiring me to try to do the same (even if I'm no where as good as you at it!). Your fluttering heart is cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an encouragement you are, Susan! I so love your style, your wit, and your stick-to-it-tiveness with this new year's resolution. I should do that this year! Thanks for your fun blog. It's something I look forward to each day! Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!