Wednesday, December 16, 2009

CAS45 The Perfect Curvy Stamps Plus a Little Something

The CAS45 Challenge I've Got Curves was perfect for me because I actually own lots of curvy stamps. Hero Arts has had many sets of border stamps with curves, and I've bought a few of them over the years. They are wonderful for making fast, easy cards using a very classic and no-brainer, one-layer card layout.



See what I mean? Easy peasy. To take this simple layout and make it something special, simply add a little "sumthin' sumthin'" to it. Here, I used some Hero Arts hearts to accent my simple border. Below, I used pink rhinestones. Let your imagination take off, though. Glitter, brads, ribbon, embossed lines, charms, ephemera, chipboard pieces, Jolee's dimensional stickers (are you reading, Cookie?), buttons, French knots (are you reading, Maile?), stitching, and so on.

Simplicity Tip: Rather than reinventing designs each time, why not use a standard layout, and spend your time playing with simple embellishments to dress it up.


Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, PTI Signature Greetings
ink: Colorbox chalk lipstick red, Palette noir; VersaColor orchid, brown
paper: PTI white
accessories: Hero Arts self-adhesive hearts, rhinestones

13 comments:

  1. Oooh! You are so right! I also own several of these HA stamps and they sit, lonely, in the bottoms of my stamp drawers because I'm not quite sure what to do with them. Looks like I need to go dig them out! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These stamps are PERFECT for the challenge! And I LOVE how you add the little touches to them...It makes them extra special! LOVE all of your challenge cards this week...Esp. the hearts...Thanks for the mention! Hugs...Cookie :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both versions.
    time is tight this morning, I was looking for a 'check-mark' button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layouts and stamps and colors. love the extra embellishments. You sure were busy with the curves! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! i love these cards. i know you do simple cards well, but sometimes they just take my breath away. there always seems to be a "why didn't i think of that?" moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are pretty. I like the added embellishments to dress up the fun border stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're both so pretty...and I love your added stickers and bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have these HA stamps and never know what to do with them. I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh why do I never think of such clever ways to use my stamps!!! These are wonderful, clever you and thanks for sharing all your fabulous ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just loved these cards and was inspired to make some of my own along these lines. They can be found at I SPI. Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the lovely comment Susan. I've made two more which turned out as lovely as the first two. I can't wait to try some for Valentines, Easter, a wedding, new baby and Birthday would be beautiful too. I'll let you know how they turn out.
    Merry Christmas!
    The other two cards are at I SPI.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!