Monday, December 21, 2009

More Happy Hearts

Using all the hearts in SU's Happy Hearts set has been fun. For CAS treatment, I found that using multiple patterned hearts on one card got busy-looking really fast, so I paired the solid heart with a patterned one, and added a self-adhesive heart accent from Hero Arts just because I could. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.




Then I decided to use some colored card bases. The next card's colors match better IRL...the shades of ink are much closer than they appear.

There's a joke in that last line, but I haven't had enough coffee yet to find it. Sorry. It's Monday. I'm full of excuses.



Saving my favorite for last...TA DA!



Look at all that white space that's pink but still called white space. Look at how well the border punch coordinates with the patterned heart. Look at the focal point (how can you not when the colors, the placement, and the visual triangle created by the two hearts and the sentiment magnetically attract your eye?).

Hope you enjoyed my variations on a two-heart theme! My heart is filled with joy this week. Christmas is definitely my favorite time of the year. Click over to Questioning my Intelligence if you want to read the last of my Advent devotionals. Scroll down to the Dec 20 post titled "Balancing Act." On the way, if you have time, share what you're grateful for this week on the "Gratitude Journal" post. And have a great Monday!


Supplies for Card 1
stamps: SU Happy Hearts, Hero Arts sentiment
ink: various Versacolor pinks and red
paper: PTI vintage cream
accessories: dimensionals, Hero Arts heart
size: 4.25" square


Supplies for Card 2
stamps: SU
ink: various VersaColor
paper: rose red, bravo burgundy, white
accessories: ribbon, dimensionals

Supplies for Card 3
stamps: SU Happy Hearts, PTI
ink: real red
paper: pretty in pink, real red
accessories: dimensionals, border punch

13 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, Susan! Great use of pink...er, white space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really sweet and a great use of the hearts set. My fave is the first one because I like the strong contrast between the white background and pink hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all ADORABLE! I LOVE how you cut out and popped up the front one! And the bit of red on the first one...And since I am just now drinking my coffee I had to read twice before I found the joke...hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards!!!! I have to get into gear and start my heart day cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I love the first and the third the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When else, but valentines, can you use oink and red together. So great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing the pink and red cards! I'm ready for a change from all the holiday ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these cards, lat one yes my fav too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love that last one, too! Wonderful. I love pink. And pink hearts are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, these are great! I love the first one...and the last, especially!!! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooo, these are just love...ly. .

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are some great CAS valentine cards!! love all the pinks and reds together. you are making me want to pull out my heart stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! I particularly like that cardstock's shade of magenta on the second card..yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!