Sunday, December 13, 2009

One Last Topper for the Season


Wish I'd thought of this one before now. Using Silent Night from PTI, I created a flourish backdrop for punched poinsettias (two punches per flower) with gold half-pearl centers. The Merry Christmas stamp is from PSX (one of the first stamps I ever bought...isn't it pretty?!?) Here's a closeup of the topper:


This SHOULD be the last thing I have to make for Christmas. The caramels are for my MIL, and the Cajun peanut mix is for my FIL. Whew.

Now, if I can just get all my Christmas cards signed and addressed, stamped and mailed. Oh, and everything wrapped.

It feels good to be at this point with 12 days to go. I don't think I've ever been this prepared for Christmas, which means I'm finally figuring it out. Given the fact that I'm 43, I have to say I'm a darn slow learner. *wink*

Supplies
stamps: PTI Silent Night, PSX sentiment
ink: bravo burgundy, close to cocoa
paper: SU bravo burgundy, PTI vintage cream
accessories: flower punches, half-pearls, staples, caramels, peanut mix

size: 2 x 6.75, finished (4 x 6.75 cut)

10 comments:

  1. Susan, these are breathtaking! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan! LOVE your toppers! What a great idea and food is always a hit for Christmas...I have been working on my cards all day today...It was supposed to be easy since I am doing CAS cards but it never feels as easy as it looks once you get going...LOL...
    Hugs...Cookie :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are terrific; they look professionally made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That silent night flourish is gorgeous, and looks like it was made to go with your Merry Christmas stamp. Your treats look delicious! I am glad you have so much of your Christmas prep done; wish I did, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one might just be my favorite! I do love that Merry Christmas ~ it makes me wish I were better at calligraphy!! Glad to hear you are ahead of the game! I too am pretty much done for the season. Time to sit back and enjoy it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so lovely, the two stamps were just made for each other, love them both .... clever you. The treats look pretty good too!!!!
    I'm just about done .... mailing cards today and finishing off the parcel wrapping, time then to enjoy the season :-)
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. you say slow learner....i say genius. i am 56 and still swearing to do better. am still stitching my folks quilted table runner and sending cards. oh and working 12 hr shifts here and there. ah well. i am trying to enjoy the process! thanks for your inspirations. you are such a treat! marty ferraro

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!