Friday, December 18, 2009

Bossy Sentiments

While I appreciate that the intent of most sentiments is not to be bossy, some can't help but come off sounding that way. Get well soon is a good example. Like, what are you going to do if someone doesn't get well soon? Beat them up? I know it's sort of silly, but I think about these rhetorical conundrums, word nerd that I am.

And this sentiment, which I really love, from Papertrey is also a tad bossy: Enjoy the moment.





Of course, with a box of chocolates on a pretty red table cloth, how could you NOT enjoy the moment?

Seriously.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, Papertrey
ink: Palette dark chocolate, SU real red
paper: PTI vintage cream, SU real red
accessories: Bic Mark-Its and Sharpie markers, MS border punch, stickles, red rhinestones, dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. That is my kind of enjoy! Great card.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that border punch - and I agree on the sentiments,

    Have a great day! (or else...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny in the way you look at things. I have never considered the sentiments I add to my cards as an ultimatum but I guess if you put the right emphasis on them they could be taken that way :-)

    I like the choice of border with the chocolate image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That border punch adds the perfect touch! Beautiful, even if it is bossy... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish somebody would boss me around with a box of chocolates!! I love your color combo and your scalloped punch is not only a great touch but perfectly centered (happy sigh). . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lacy, pretty tablecloth. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. I have a Stampin Up sentiment that I just can't bring myself to use because it is so "bossy"...it says "better get better". It just seems like the inside of the card should say, "...or else."
    I love your card. The border punch is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie, I know the stamp you're referring to, and I thought the EXACT SAME THING when I saw it! Or else, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!