Friday, December 11, 2009

It's a Major Award!

I feel just like the dad in The Christmas Story who wins a "major award," only mine is much, much better than a leg lamp. (I LOVE that movie, btw).

Nancy (Phantom at SCS) over at Shady Tree Studio nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award! She's so sweet to think of me in the same company as six other bloggers who are all way more talented than I. Nancy herself is an amazing stamper whose coloring skills outstrip mine by a country mile.

Here's what you need to do after you are nominated for this award:

1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 kreativ bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.

You all already know the most interesting thing about me (that I'm obsessed with Clean and Simple stamping) because that's why you come here, right? But here are some other tidbits that are either interesting or pathetic, depending on your perspective:

1. I used to be a hopelessly obnoxious intellectual snob. I started to get over it in, of all places, graduate school because that's when I stopped taking myself so seriously. If you can laugh at yourself, you never run out of reasons to be amused.
2. My first job out of college was writing copy for on-hold messages. My last paid job was as a writer/editor for a computer memory manufacturer. My favorite job was teaching college English.
3. George and I own too many books to count. For our last move with the military six years ago, there were 108 boxes of books on the inventory. There are even more now.
4. I run the meal ministry at our church, coordinating meals for families in stressful situations (illness, deaths, new babies--happy but stressful). I also cook and deliver meals often, yet ordinarily, I hate to cook. Ironic how cooking as ministry holds so much appeal when cooking for myself and my own family is too often a tedious chore.
5. No one (including myself!) ever thought I'd be a stay-at-home mom OR crafty, yet here I am, happy as a june bug, staying at home and blogging daily about papercrafts. Life is full of surprises.
6. I am not particularly funny in real life. I mainly only write funny. (Does this mean I'm a more interesting person in print than real life? Hmmm.) Whenever I make a truly funny comment, George always acts surprised.
7. My blog Questioning my Intelligence got started partly because I wanted to write regularly again and partly because I wanted to find myself. The first post explains my thinking, almost 1.5 years ago. BTW, I now only have to say "hands out of pants" occasionally. Ah, don't you love progress?

Now for my seven nominees, who were randomly chosen from the roughly 60 papercrafting blogs I visit regularly. Picking favorites has never been a habit of mind with me, and random selection seems so much more fair since I love them all!

1. Rebecca, There Is a Stamp for That
2. Cindy, Stamps, Paper, and Ink
3. Maile, Simply Stamped
4. Susie, Sharing What I Love
5. Leslie, Running with Scissors
6. Michelle, Pigment of My Imagination
7. Susan, Inky Fingers

Happy clicking!

Thanks, Nancy. It really is an honor for someone to recognize what we do as worthy of notice. What a wonderful warm fuzzy, and, like I said, much better than a leg lamp.

16 comments:

  1. Well, you certainly deserve any award for your blog, your writing, your talents and your wit. It was so interesting reading about you. I cannot imagine you not being funny in person when I get such a chuckle out of your writing. Very cool that you do the food ministry - food equals love in my book. And thank you for my award - such an honor coming from you (even if it was random choice). I'll put my info later today - got many other things on my list first. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on this most deserved award Susan! I truly love your writing as well as your creations - it is a double pleasure visiting everyday!! Hugs, Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  3. C.O.N.G.R.A.T.S. to a most, most, most deserving talent!! harriet said it perfectly. it is a DOUBLE pleasure to visit with you every day. wow!!!!
    great job susan.
    with gratitude, marty ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! So deserving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the 7 interesting facts, I so enjoy visiting and QMI so the background information just fills out a little more the picture of the person I feel like I am getting to know.

    A well deserved award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What really amuses me about this is that I found you so recently, and I decided you had already been on the Design Team of EVERY major supply site mentioned here, and already published in EVERY craft magazine, and already singled out for every award possible in the stamping world BUT you had chosen to just focus on this Blog because let's face it, your life is jam-packed and we are all so lucky to see anything at all you produce each day, where would you find the time to redesign your web pages to include all those awards?

    I say where the heck have those award-givers been? What took them so long?

    Congratulations, Susan. You're The Best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwaaahaaahaaahaaa! Bahb, I've never been on a professional design team, never been published, and have only won one blog award other than this one. All of which is quite fine by me because I DO have a blog with the best readers EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOO HOO! Your blog rocks, Susan! Thanks for the shout-out - I've had lots of new visitors in the last day to my little corner of the blogworld!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many congratulations ....well deserved, you are an amazing talent and so generous sharing it all with us on this very special, unique blog...... Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, I agree with each post here, you are the BEST! I love the way your personality shines in each post you write.
    I'm honored that my blog is chosen here among such a talented group.Thanks so much for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, I agree with each post here, you are the BEST! I love the way your personality shines in each post you write.
    I'm honored that my blog is chosen here among such a talented group.Thanks so much for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Susan...enjoy and well deserved.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the kind words and the gracious award acceptance, Susan! I love ALL of your blogs... and George's too ;). The other comments have it on the nose ~ well-deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan, thanks for listing my blog! I love your style of crafting. Your blog is one of the first crafting blogs that helped me see it's totally fine to love the CAS style. Not just do it, but really love it and embrace it! And your writing always makes me smile. I love visiting your little neck of the blogland woods.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susan, while i am excited for your blog to win this award...the most intersting part of your post is your intro...i giggled as soon as i read it thinking back to ralphie's old man. :) while you say you're not funny in person, i'm glad we get the best of your wit here online...wit and crafting? is there anything better...maybe watching ralphie while crafting?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your award and it was fun to read more about you! Thanks for nominating me and listing my blog! Keep up the wittiness (is that even a word?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!