Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Little W(h)ine and a Card

Last week was just weird. My sons were home from school ALL WEEK. They essentially got an unscheduled winter break because it's been so dang cold in Ohio. As in highs of single digits. As in -8 degrees at bus pick-up times. Wind chills as low as -30. Our power went out. Twice. We finally got a healthy dump of snow today (Saturday), and it was gorgeous. But mostly, it's just been cold.

My creativity seems to have frozen as well. Like our snow, it will thaw, melt into a muddy mess, and blossom (eventually) with color and fun.

Can you tell I've been cooped up with kids too long?

Anyway, I made this card about a month ago, and it was totally inspired by Somerset magazine, with all its vintage-y goodness that isn't exactly my style but makes me feel warm and fuzzy anyway.


Warm and fuzzy. That describes the nest of fleece blankets I curl up in at night, too. Oh, my. I need to shut up now.

Eggs. Speckled eggs. Soon, people. Soon.

Supplies
stamps: SU
ink: VersaMagic, Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: sponge, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Love this card! Feel your pain -- tired of being cooped up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card from one of my favorite stamp sets. I always had trouble figuring out what to do with the eggs. Great way to use them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!