Thursday, February 5, 2015

Clean-and-Simple Matchboxes

As best I can recall, it's been a while since I played around with making matchboxes. And by "a while," I mean about 12 years.

Wow.

Back then, I didn't have a style yet and can't remember what the few matchboxes I made looked like, but they certainly didn't have this level of minimalist satisfaction.





Button flowers in spring colors

GinaK Hello Sunshine stamp with
large yellow rhinestone

Apple punched in SU real red,
garden green, and chocolate chip

Martha snowflake punched in SU ballet
blue and bling


What an excellent way to use thicker embellishments! What a fun way to use up those embellishments that I really, really, really don't enjoy using on cards!

I'm having lots of fun with this shape, so we'll see a few more in days to come. If you're interested, I'll do a photo tutorial!

Supplies
paper: 80lb Neenah solar white

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I realise this may be a dumb question but what do you do with a set of seasonal matchboxes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and cute way to brighten someone's day Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute, Susan! A photo tutorial would be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Annalize: they are beautiful but I am wondering what you DO with a homemade and beautifully decorated matchbox?

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO CUTE! Would love to see a photo tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love a tutorial. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!