Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Birthday Blend

Sadly, this card has two layers and so doesn't qualify for the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge for February, which is to blend colors, but it's still pretty cool, don't you think?



This is my aunt's birthday card, made slightly early as her birthday isn't until July. But I made it and thought, "Dang, Aunt S. needs this card!" Do you ever do that? Make something and then realize that you just made the perfect thing for the perfect person?

It's not just me, is it?

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Modern Basics, Clearly Besotted Happy Days
ink: Kaleidacolor, Memento Luxe black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, dimensionals

15 comments:

  1. This has a very funky 70's feel. I love the colours and the perfectly positioned bling. It is not just you; I have the same thing happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's some mean blending!! gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's not just you! Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and stunning make, your aunt must be really special too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card and I am sure your aunt will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing blending, Susan! I know I'm heavily medicated, but I swear it is 3D and gently turning! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous and reminds me of those twirling wind chimes! I totally agree with Darnell...but I'm not medicated...bwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last night I went to the symphony. I heard Saint-Saens' Carnival of the Animals. If you google "Aquarium" and listen (and I'm sure you'll know it!), that's how this card makes me feel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'm in LOVE! What gorgeous colors and beautiful blending from one to the next. And those gems? They add the perfect touch. She's going to love her card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is it about these colors that suck me in? LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is gorgeous -- I literally gasped when I saw it -- it reminds me of the twisty things you hang outside in the summer -- and I think PTI is putting this set "into the vault"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!