Thursday, February 19, 2015

Speckles

SU used to have a set called Itty Bitty Backgrounds, and in that set of four was one stamp of speckles. That's one of the sets I broke up and sold, keeping only the speckles because it's a darn useful stamp.

Of course, I don't actually use speckles much. But that's irrelevant, right?

Anyway, that little stamp caught my attention the other day, and I made this card with it.



To make this, I punched a largish circle from a post-it note, stuck it to the panel, and repeatedly stamped the speckle background over it until there was fairly thick coverage.

Looking at it now, I wonder how much interest it would have added if I'd stamped the speckle stamp a few times with silver metallic ink, too. A little shimmer does most things good, don't you think?

Whatever. This simple card makes me happy, as does that sentiment because the font is so bold and distinctive. It's definitely the star of the show!


Supplies
stamps: SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Papertrey Keep It Simple: Thinking of You
ink: Hero Arts, Memento
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: corner rounder, post-it note, dimentionals

1 comment:

  1. Love ir! A little bit of silver is always good, but the blue makes me think of the oceans on the globe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!