Sunday, February 15, 2015

Big Butterflies and Design Choices

After buying some new stuff, I just had to play. Sadly, I'm already regretting one of these purchases. I may or may not have gotten frustrated enough trying to work with it that buyer's remorse may or may not have made me say bad words.




The butterfly punch was NOT the problem. How can butterflies ever be a problem?




Those are Swarovski crystals on that there crackled butterfly. So sparkly and pretty! But there are five of them.




This butterfly has three half pearls. Am I weird for preferring the three pearls to five gems? Butterfly bodies have three parts, people. The rhinestones were so much smaller than the pearls, though, and only three looked weird. But bling. Always wonderful bling. I'm so torn!

Let's just call it a design choice and leave it at that.

Happy Presidents Day!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Peaceful Garden (sentiments); various backgrounds
ink: Versamagic, Kaleidacolor
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: half pearls, rhinestones by Swarovski

4 comments:

  1. So, which purchase was the problem child?? Inquiring minds need to know so we don't buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to guess at the challenging item - do I get a prize if I'm right?

    Gotta be that glue pad. Haven't found one yet that works the way they claim. (We know you rock the Kaleidacolor pads, and the punches are all brands that usually work pretty well.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan! The two butterfly cards are completely different designs, so you cannot really compare. If you conduct an internet search for Victorian butterfly brooches, you will be inspired at the different approaches to their designs. I love both cards! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I expect the problem is the glue pad & glue. I can never get mine to work correctly. I love butterflies too and don't care really how many parts they have! tee hee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!