Tuesday, December 9, 2014

More Winter Moon

Here's the image of Hero Arts' Winter Moon stamp I used for yesterday's cards:

Hero Arts Mounted Rubber Stamps-Winter Moon


As I said yesterday, this is a fairly "determined" stamp. It's modern graphic design and wintery scene limit how versatile this stamp is regarding meaning. It's pretty limited that way. But by using different supplies and techniques and layouts, we can still get plenty of different effects from it.

You'll notice the lovely curve at the bottom? Well, I decided to take advantage of that curve, cut the bottom of the scene along it rather than straight, and came up with two designs.

First up, I took advantage of Brilliance Ink's pearlescent shimmer and stamped Winter Moon in Lavender. The soft color and shimmer went perfectly with the Silent Night sentiment from Papertrey's Silent Night set, which is stamped in Memento Luxe Gray Flannel.



Here's a close-up of the ink...isn't that gorgeous!?!?!





I love the simplicity of the first design. It was so clean and simple that I felt I didn't need to add anything to it whatsoever. The shimmer was just enough!

The second card uses teal (can't remember the type of ink, though!) edged with silver metallic marker. It was easier than I thought to edge the curve, though it took courage to make the attempt. Good grief, the silly things that can scare us.

And check out that ribbon. Can you believe I used ribbon? What is that? Twice in one month? Go, me!

I don't like this card as much as the first, but it's still simple, crisp, and pretty. I just really wish I had white satin ribbon. A little wider satin would have looked better, don't you think? I do.



Combined with yesterday's cards, I think I'm doing a pretty good job showing how different inks and supplies and techniques can change the look of even a very determined stamp like this one.

More to come....


Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Winter Moon, Papertrey Silent Night
ink: see above
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: dimensionals, ribbon, scissors

11 comments:

  1. These are so, so stunning! Love all three of them!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea of going with the curve. And isn't it amazing that even with our (my) huge stash of ribbon/supplies, we still don't have the one we want for our card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Susan, I love the curve at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this stamp and LOVE what you did with it! Now I have ideas on how to use it. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both, Susan, but that first one took my breath away!! Happy Holidays! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are fabulous - I think the texture ribbon looks great - it picks up on the true pattern :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winter Moon is one of my favorite stamps. I got it last year and had a great time using that in combination with Many Branches Tree for Christmas cards. It's great fun exploring non-traditional ink colors and bling. :) I never though of cutting along the snowbank curve so thanks for that inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE how you've cut the curve here! And if I remember, I have a bazillion spools of white taffeta ribbon, if you'd like one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!