Thursday, December 25, 2014

Operation Write Home Again

Now that my holiday crafting is complete, I'm turning my attention back to Operation Write Home. If you don't follow them on Facebook, check out this photo. Brought a tear to my eye. Dang, our service members and their families deserve all the support and love they can get!

They always need missing you and love you cards, so here's a fun one using one of my new Simon Says Stamp sets.


The dotted circles are stamped in navy, and the hearts are red royal, for a patriotic effect. Sweet! Also, silver metallic markers aren't just for holiday cards. The silver was the perfect accent for this and gave a bit of definition to the raised panel. Without the silver, there was (dare I say it) too much white space.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Ours was so relaxing, cheerful, and blessed!

Supplies
stamps: Simon Says Stamp, Clearly Besotted
ink: Hero Arts navy, red royal; Memento black
paper: Papertrey
accessories: silver metallic marker, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful design, Susan! The colors are perfect for OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Susan! I love the touch of silver...perfection to the max! So glad you're doing your share for OWH...they SO deserve it!
    Hugs and keep smiling!
    Sunshine Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!