Thursday, March 17, 2016

CRS Strikes Again

Today's card (especially its layout) was totally inspired by...some card I saw. Somewhere. Maybe in a magazine. Maybe online.

I can't remember.

CRS. Can't Remember Stuff.

It's sad. I'm not even 50 yet.

If you know the source of this layout, please pretty please let me know. I'd love to give full credit to the artist who came up with this delightful idea because she's a bigger genius than I will ever be.



To make this card, I trimmed the sentiment panel and rounded the corners with scallop scissors. Remember those edging scissors that were all the rage years ago? Well, I still use them. The panel on which the dragonfly, circle, and line are stamped is popped on a piece of craft foam, but the sentiment panel is popped with StampinUp dimensionals.




There's an element here of collage-style stamping...but in a very clean-and-simple version. Which makes me very, very happy!


Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Antique Engravings (dragonfly), Clearly Besotted Paired Up (circle), Papertrey Sign Language (sentiment) and Faux Ribbon (line)
ink: Hero Arts sky blue; Memento Luxe love letter, espresso truffle
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: dimensionals, craft foam, rhinestones, scallop scissors

6 comments:

  1. love this!! the layout is fabulous and the colors rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! Love it!

    I'm not 50 yet either, and I've started forgetting WORDS. I called a fountain the "sprinkle display" and the kitchen the "soup room." I'm not fond of my CRS. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love this so much, I might use it myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! That red strip is just the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 popped-up layers? Where is my Susan and what have you done with her?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!