Friday, March 11, 2016

Wildflower: Day 1

So, after seeing the fabulous use to which Joan B put Concord & 9th's Wildflower set, I had to get it for myself. Over the next few days, I'm going to share with you the various ways this set of pretty outline images can be used to create a range of clean-and-simple looks. It truly is a wonderful set...and I'm completely sold on Concord & 9th.

Up first, a card that was directly inspired by a recent post on Joan's blog using a different stamp set. I loved her gold monochromatic approach and took that as my starting point.




The Delicata gold ink is yellower than the PrismaColor gold metallic marker, but it's close enough for government work.

Let's not think about government right now. Our heads might explode from all the crazy.

Instead, let's think about stamps. And ink. And shiny things.

Ahhhh. A happy place.

Supplies
stamps: Concord & 9th Wildflower, Papertrey Keep It Simple Thinking of You
ink: Delicata gold
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: gold metallic marker, post-its for masking

8 comments:

  1. Gosh I think your cards are amazing, it such talent to capture the art of simplicity and you do it so very well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! How did you make such a straight line with a gold marker?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous! my head already exploded

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set! I love how you (and Joan) used it. I also agree it's always better to think about stamping and crafty things than politics!
    dmc

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!