Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Wildflower Day 4: Wild Color

And now we're at Day 4 of experimenting with Concord & 9th's Wildflower set. Of course, outline stamps like those in this set are made to be colored, but y'all know that's not my strength. I tried. Really, I did. But trying Copics yielded a rather blotchy mess, and my effort with colored pencils came out only slightly better.

Recovering from my disappointment, I pulled out some happy pink and purple inks (and a touch of green) to make this MUCH BETTER and MORE ME card.

Oh, frabjous joy!



These colors pop right off the white with a happy abandon that fills my heart with satisfaction...far more satisfaction than my coloring efforts.



Play to your strengths. If your strength is coloring, you'll probably love coloring the images in Wildflower, but it's a delightful set for those of us who really just want to stamp pretty colors and be done with it.

Either way, you won't be disappointed.

Note: No one paid me to post this. I just really, truly love this set!

Supplies
stamps: Concord & 9th Wildflower, Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental
ink: Hero Arts raspberry, ultra pink, passion flower, lime; Ancient Page amethyst; Memento grape jelly
paper: Papertrey White
accessories: craft foam, glue


4 comments:

  1. Great composition and use of color! Thanks Susan.
    dmc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. I want to pin them, but my pin it button no longer works. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, try uninstalling and then re-install. That usually works to restore the Pin (or any failing) button.
    Pretty card, Susan. I like the multi-colors, but it is not overpowering with color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!