Thursday, September 3, 2015

Inspired by Ava Gavloski

It's not often I get 3-dimensional, but sometimes, it's just really appealing. Such was the case with today's card.

The pink isn't quite so bright IRL!



This pink confection comes to us courtesy of Smooch (Leslie, are you reading?). The shimmery ink was brushed loosely onto the card base and covers the wooden heart. So much fun!

Y'all know I can't do cards like this without inspiration from someone more skilled in collage/embellished/layered stuff, and this inspiration comes from Ava Gavloski's card in Take Ten.



I love the softness of Ava's card, with the feathers and burlap string and fabric. It's so textured and well designed! How could I not let it inspire me?!?! Thanks, Ava, for your beautiful card!

Where are you getting inspiration these days?

Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted sentiment
ink: Memento cocoa
paper: Windsor & Newton watercolor paper
accessories: fabric, tape runner, twine, wooden heart, Smooch, glue, heart rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. Heee, a messy card make by Susan! Surprise! I really like it, the lovely pink matches great with the burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, dear, I read it. :) And the burlap covers most of the (gah) pink, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ava's design! Your take on it is a little more "me" - so I'll need to get some Smooch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!