Thursday, September 17, 2015

Lino Print Inspiration

While poking around on Pinterest, I discovered a lovely one-color lino print that just HAD to be made over into a card. And here's what happened:

card size 5" x 6.25"

The new Hero Arts set Holiday Pine Branches pairs perfectly with a VERY old and discontinued Hero Arts sentiment perfectly, don't you think?


The red and white brings it all together, but the raised panel needed a bit of an edge on it. I contemplated matting the panel with red card stock, but felt that would be too strong...I really want the eye to stay in the branch-y collage. So I went with a subtle silver pen border (a go-to move for holiday cards) and love the effect.

One key to successfully organizing a collage like this is to work out from the center and then fill in holes with the dots. The dots all came from different sets (Holiday Pine Branches doesn't have any). Also the very smallest branches come from a different new Hero Arts clear set called Holiday Greetings. Don't be afraid to mix and match sets when you need to!

Note that the size is non-standard. My collage was fairly large, so I tried to put it on a 5" x 7" card, but the mat wasn't even. I adjusted to fit, and will mail this in a standard 5" x 7" envelope.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts
ink: SU real red
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: dimensionals, silver metallic marker



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I, however, would have had to do a silver layer, since I have never gotten a drawn edge straight, even with a ruler. I am envious of your steady hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takes my breath away, Susan!
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful....love the monochromatic look...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, That works really well. I think I would have made the sentiment green. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!