Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Beer Can Inspiration

Last week, my husband opened a can of beer, poured his glass, and set the can down in front of me. I squealed, "This color combination is AMAZING!"

Yes. Yes, it is.


This stamp comes from The Stamping Village set called Happy Birthday and was Avery Elle's contribution to the set. I colored it by scribbling watercolor crayon onto a scrap of transparency and painting it onto the balloons. The card looked okay but really needed something to ground the stamped panel. Since there was quite a bit of color left on my transparency, I painted the lines onto a random strip, trimmed it down, and Bob's your uncle!



What a satisfyingly simple card. 

Tomorrow, my first order from StampinUp in years will arrive. Can't wait to play! What new crafty item have you bought lately that have you itching to play? OR what old item (like watercolor crayons!) have you taken out to play lately? OR answer both!

See Mary Stamp commented on my last post with the suggestion of adding kindness to my tag line. I love this! So here it is.

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and kindness,
Susan

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful color combination.
    Goes to show; if we just open our eyes, we can find the inspiration in the most unexpected places; sometimes sitting right in front of us.
    ColleenB.~Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and Bob's your uncle" I'm sure was not your main point for this card but I am laughing. I've never heard that comment before but since 2020 any reference to relatives makes me laugh...not sure at 62 years old why I needed to know that my birth certificate father isn't my biological father, which also means my full-brother isn't my full brother and the same BCF isn't his either and there's more! Yep, and Bob's your uncle rings laughter inside me...
    Now for the card. I don't follow your steps of how you got color onto the cardstock but the colors are very pleasing and the card itself is also pleasing to my eyes and mind. That's all I need in life right now!
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and layout...bright & happy! So I wanted to see the beer can and clicked on your link...only to have this rude popup demand my birth date! So clicked out...bummer.
    Just recently pulled out ALL my lovely brass stencils and realized that many of them can be used beautifully as subtle backgrounds by running them through my Big Shot using the "squishy mat" for impressions. Made me so happy to realize this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, YAY, I figured out how to respond to your posts without using Facebook. That's my major accomplishment today so far. I happen to have my craft room/office in these colors so you know I love it.
    Like the previous commenter, Bob's your uncle is new to me as well. I will have to try to weave it into my vernacular somehow.
    I want to know what you got from Stampin' Up! I had to have the new stamp set with grandchildren stamps and the postage stamp punch. So far, that is. I'm trying not to buy anything else, but I'm not very good at that. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not new to "and Bob's your uncle" but it needs to catch on more.

    Your colors are awesome! Water coloring them is what makes them unique.

    I, too, want to see what inspired you to buy at Stampin' Up.

    I've been into making multiple cards at once with one sheet of patterned paper. It really has opened up the creativity for me. It's also a good way to use all that 12x12 colored cardstock I just had to have. Find a few pieces to match your patterned paper and you have card bases and extras for layering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandparents used 'Bob's your uncle' and we laughed at we called my grandfather Bobby. now we have all these new sayings especially with the younger generation, in 2018 'it is what it is' was new to me and asked where I come from....lol Another favourite of my other grandmother was 'shame'. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan, Beautiful card. Thanks for spreading your mercy, grace, peace, love and kindness with all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!