Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Imperfectly Pretty


Today's card demonstrates that I'm not as good with Copics as I'd like, but wow, do I love this card!



At a distance, this coloring is fine; it's not until you look at the close-up that you can see I colored outside the lines in a few places. Nevertheless, this gorgeous PSX stamp fills me with joy!



I colored scraps of paper with the warm gray and cream colors, and then punched the solids to add some interest to the circles. The sentiment comes from Papertrey's Traveler's Journal: Field Notes set. While at first I wasn't sure about the colon at the end, I decided it's a lovely invitation to open the card to find out what the summer observations are! 

Many thanks to all of you who weighed in on the issue of StampinUp larger embossing folders in the Cuttlebug. I truly appreciate the help!

Finally, on Friday, I'll be doing another devotional through Facebook Live. I will share the recording on my Simplicity Facebook page if you are interested, or click in at 9:30 EDST Friday to watch live at First United Methodist Church of Springboro. This Friday's devotional theme will be listening and will be based on Acts 6:1-6 and James 1:19.

If you're looking for a daily devotion, check out the church's link. All the previous devotions are available for you to watch, and they come from many different, Spirit-led perspectives. Wednesday, June 3, was particularly touching to me.

Stay healthy, safe, and inky!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

2 comments:

  1. OK, please do not think that I am a know-it-all... but have you ever used a colorless blender when you go outside the lines? I only ask because I am a real newbie when it comes to alcohol markers, and I have discovered that this marker really helps me. Just color on top of your mistake, and it will sort of disappear. I've read that this works because the colorless blender pushes the ink back in. Hope this helps you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. you are inspiring me to use my circle dies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!