Sunday, June 28, 2020

Summer Silhouettes


While I revisited old stamps a few weeks ago, StampinUp's Summer Silhouettes begged to be used again. ("Use me, please! I'm so thirsty for ink! Come on. You know you want to....")

It's such a swell set, with the two-step Queen Anne's lace image, so I decided to use some circles (grounded with the pretty lattice border stamp from the set). 


Since I didn't have cardstock to match the soft lilac ink (Hero Arts), I inked up a largish shadow stamp, stamped some white cardstock, and then punched out the lilac circle. 

Shadow stamps are awesome!

And so is purple. I really don't use it enough. 



Last post had some really fun comments! Thanks to all who left them. Several people emailed regarding my StampinUp order. Here you go:



Basically, I needed a cherry cobbler reinker and got a little carried away. 

The die set goes with Forever Fern, and the embossing folder is Subtle Textile...which is A-MAZING! I'll be posting pictures of a few cards with Forever Fern soon. 

Survival strategy for this week: temporary news black-out. Will pick back up in a few days. Need to get sane again. I'm also reading a Lady Darby mystery, teaching a Zoom class on listening tomorrow morning, scheduling my younger son's sports physical for marching band, scheduling myself an eye appointment, and planning a Facebook Live devotional for Friday. 

What survival strategy are you employing this week?

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and kindness,
Susan


2 comments:

  1. Susan, thanks for showing us your SU order. Nice choices. I have the stamps you used for this card and you've inspired me to get it out and start playing. Isn't that what this blog is for? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!