Tuesday, June 16, 2020

More Fun with Lovely as a Tree


Y'all. The past few weeks have been crazy, and my heart and brain have been preoccupied, as, I imagine, yours have been. The last few days, I've been on a break from the news to process and pray. I've started reading So You Want to Talk about Race by Ijeoma Oluo. It seems a good place to start. 

For now, however, let's escape back in time to this lovely old set and see my new takes on it for Christmas. 


Yes, I used a green card base. Woohoo!!!!


BTW, I used circle punches for this card, but a few days ago, I received my Hero Arts order that contains their Infinity Circle dies, which will yield smoother circles for future cards. Oh, how fun!

From bare branches to evergreen....


The watercolor effect comes from Arteza brush pens applied directly to the stamp, spritzed, and pressed to paper. The star is from an old PTI set and is stamped in Delicata silver. 


Peace on earth. Oh, how I long for it. 

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

6 comments:

  1. This set has always been a favorite of mine!! Love your updated use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design took my breath away...so BEAUTIFUL!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 'double double' matting! Your playing with circles has been fun to see!
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!