Sunday, June 21, 2020

Summertime

In honor of the summer solstice...and the delightful opportunity to watch (online) the sun set at Stonehenge yesterday, as my many times great ancestors might have done. 


These stamps are extremely elderly mature wood-mounted rubber from Hero Arts. The ink is a Hero Arts ombre ink pad and provides excellent, bright, strong, and very warm color. 


Originally, I left the tree image as inked but decided that it looked a bit, well, lackluster. Out came the clear Wink of Stella pen, and BAM! Luster. Here's a copy of the before image:


This has been the weirdest spring of my life, and summer may not be much better. It's all very strange and unsettling, and I'm finding myself struggling to concentrate. Even reading has become difficult, and I'm a dedicated reader!

What are you struggling with most right now? Have you learned of any new strategies for coping that you might try? 

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and safety,
Susan

5 comments:

  1. I'm struggling with the mask wearing. I know it's necessary, but I really hate wearing it. I'm also struggling with so many things in the news and questioning why some things are happening. My biggest struggle, and it has been for the last 3+ years, is watching what's happening in the White House. I'm embarassed for our country. Sorry, but you did ask! My part time job at my son's restaurant is what's helping tremendously to keep me going and sane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you. The divisiveness in this country--and the hateful rhetoric--hurt my heart. I'm so glad you have a job to keep you sane and getting out with people!

      Delete
  2. This is lovely! In terms of struggling - I can only watch/listen to the news for a short time. I watch enough to keep informed but find myself getting worn down if I watch too much. For reading - I've been escaping with light cozy mysteries. I've also been quilting and doing more handwork (wool applique). I've found that a welcome distraction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My desire to stay informed is currently at war with my desire to stay sane. Creative outlets definitely help! I'm currently reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett in preparation for watching the series again. The series is absolutely delightful! It's deeply weird to me, but there's nothing like a well-done comedy about the apocalypse to distract right now.

      Delete
  3. The Wink of Stella added the perfect touch. Struggling with a few things. Used to be a news junkie but have been avoiding most of that. Used to love to curl up with a big, thick book, the old-fashioned kind with all the paper pages instead of swiping a screen, but like you, have trouble concentrating on reading. Still struggling to actually make cards since my mother died. Have really lost that spark of joy and can't seem to find it again. Looking at all your beautiful cards is a definite balm for my soul. I love your style so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!