Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Tree...Check It Out

I've shown several cards using Papertrey's new set Mighty Oak, and none of them has a tree on it.

Here you go. A Mighty Oak.




At first, I simply stamped the leaves onto the tree, but the effect was a little too flat, so I stamped three leaves onto scrap paper, cut them out, and popped them up. Two of the popped leaves are cut even with the edge of the card. Unfortunately, my close-up photo doesn't include the cut leaf edges for example.

Sorry about that. The close up is rather pointless, isn't it?

Whatever. I'm battling fleas and allergies. Please feel sorry for me!

Here's another tree. It's totally flat, but by using two different colors for the leaves, it is sufficiently interesting without popping anything up. Isn't that cool? I think so.



I like the warmer colors of the second card, too. The gray and red work great for winter cards, but for fall, not as much. At least to my eyes. I could be wrong. In fact, I probably am. But that's okay. I'm used to it.


And don't forget about the Thanksgiving Crusade! Canada has already celebrated Thanksgiving, but remember that Thanksgiving is not just a day of the year but a state of mind. Your homeland need not even celebrate a formal thanksgiving for you to celebrate a personal thanksgiving! Send out those cards expressing gratitude to those who have touched you in some wonderful way...large or small.

You'll feel better for it.

I'm definitely not wrong about that.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Mighty Oak
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey
accessories: dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. The second card is my favorite. The autumn colors are warm, comforting and inviting. The leaves definiteky don't need to be popped up. The sentiment is quite inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm ... the popped up leaves look great on the first card, Susan, the grey and red are so bold and clean and cool. The second is much warmer and softer ... rather like autumn v winter! Fleas and allergies ... I feel for you ... keep on keeping on ... Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do feel sorry for you! I am amazed that you are accomplishing anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these cards are gorgeous. I think the second is my favourite. I have to say that the quote is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. as always great ideas...fleas and allergies rhymes...sounds like a poem in there, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel sorry for you - fleas are no fun. Love the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, my original comment was too long! I hope you find a solution to fleas and allergies quickly and I LOVE the drama of the grey and red. And the second one is for OLW162, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally....heehee! I have loved all you have done with this "mighty" set! Hope you soon find some relief :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!