Thursday, October 3, 2013

Back to the New Toy

Wow, I'm impressed so many of you ARE actually using your Pinterest boards. Of course, those of you like me who need a little nudging aren't speaking up. You feel shame. Unwarranted shame. Look at me. I'm not afraid to admit I am more into pinning than follow-through. Speak up! I'll not judge you, and if anyone does, tell me about it and I'll beat them up for you.

Figuratively speaking, of course. I don't support violence of any kind.

But perhaps it's time to move on....

Here are the remaining cards using my brand new EK Success tree punch and various techniques to show it off.

First, today, let's look at using Smooch to add shimmer.




I used the applicator that comes with the Smooch to put shiny ornaments on the tree, and then used Brilliance thyme ink for the sentiment for a little extra shimmer.


Next, a silver metallic pen gives frosty shine to the edges of the tree. This was added free-hand and was much easier than I expected it to be. Silver Brilliance ink for the sentiment perfectly matched the silver pen, by the way.




And finally, I tried a very different layout from all the previous cards. By placing the punched shapes on the edges of the card (in a visual triangle) and trimming the overhanging edges, I added a lot of interest...not to mention fitting three trees on one card and still maintaining a substantial amount of white space.



So the next time you're wondering what to do with a die cut or punched shape, remember the options on this post and my previous post, and start playing with your stuff. Who knows what sort of goodness you'll come up with?

Supplies
stamps: various Papertrey and Hero Arts
ink: Memento and Brilliance
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: Smooch, metallic pen (PrismaColor), EK Success tree punch, dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant use of the tree punch! I love how you fit three of the punched out shapes on the card...it really works and doesn't look overcrowded!! Amazing as always.
    As for Pinterest; I pin WAY more than I actually DO anything with the pins.
    However; the only pins that I've gone back to visit have been card ideas, and I've actually produced cards from them. Oh, and one pin about keeping a dish scrubber in your shower...I did that and my shower now gets cleaned far more often! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More great ideas, Susan ... the silver outline tree is simply gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! I'm completely smitten with that silver pen. May have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the card with three trees, especially the tiny birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are fantastic. The last one is my favorite. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards! I'm not on Pinterest, and am not sure that I ever will be. Is that weird??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool ideas, Susan - I love the one outlined in silver especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you are having fun with your new toy! Susan, I love the tree with the silver around the edge. Very elegant and of course, so CAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!