Tuesday, October 1, 2013

One-Layer Wednesday #160: Use Your Pins

(Please note that if you're reading this in email, there's another post after this one!)

Welcome to One-Layer Wednesday #160!

This week, we're going to try something wild and crazy...we're going to ACTUALLY USE OUR PINTEREST BOARDS!!! That's right. Many of you are pinning like mad and never looking at the pins again, right?

Please tell me I'm not alone.

Right? I cannot possibly be alone in this.

You can confide in me. I promise not to tell.

Confession is good for the soul.

OLW160 is your chance to use your boards and make a one-layer card inspired by something you see there. It could be a color combination, a layout, a technique, a theme, a style, an embellishment...whatever sparks a card!

Some of you may ask, "But, Susan, what if I don't use Pinterest?"

For those of you who have the moral fortitude to resist that time-wasting website, please feel free to use MY BOARDS for inspiration. You'll find lots and lots to choose from because I am a certified expert at wasting my time pinning.

The pin I chose for my inspiration is from my Pure Inspiration board. Here's the picture:

Source

I love how the black and white color scheme is given a punch of yellow-green by a single pillow. So I applied that scheme to several cards, using a fabulous yet discontinued Hero Arts shadow stamp for the hit of color.





Oh how fun!

Now, here are the rules.

OLW160 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of card stock folded in half. No other layers of card stock allowed.

2. Make a card inspired either by your own boards on Pinterest or by something on my boards here.

3. Upload your card somewhere on line, and in the description, include a link to the inspiration Pin. Then link to your upload using the InLinkz button on the sidebar of Simplicity.

4. The most important rule of all...HAVE FUN!!!


Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Mendhi Medallions, Birthday Basics, Mighty Oak; Gina K Elegant Florals; Hero Arts discontinued shadow stamp
ink: VersaColor black, Memento Pear Tart
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: none

8 comments:

  1. What a great challenge! For my daughter's birthday I made her a card and included a ticket for 2 Pinterest projects. She squealed and started looking through her pins immediately! Then she finagled a third Pinterest project out of me in exchange for helping me. She just got married last Saturday and many of the projects we did were inspired by our pins. Now that the wedding is behind us, the Pinterest projects commence (once they're back from the Caribbean).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you and your daughter!!! I just collect pins and dream....;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't have the moral fortitude to avoid signing up to Pinterest ... but do have a total lack of time to do anything with it, so thanks for access to your boards, Susan. Love the pin, love the cards more! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool Susan, I also have an inspiration board so I'm really looking forward to playing in this OLW challenge! Thanks so much!--Hugs,Audrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truthfully I would be lost without my Pinterest Boards....I go back to them frequenly, almost daily for things I know I've got there and will be of use....as for cards...couldn't do without my card Board for inspiration, I may not follow the design exactly but it tends to put a bit of a sparkle into my dead brain some days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Joyce! That's awesome. I need to be more like you! It doesn't help that my computer is far, far away from my craft area, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always hear people saying how addictive Pinterest is, but not to me. I'm just not the addictive type, I guess. I looked to see what great ideas I had pinned there, and it had been so long since I pinned anything, there was nothing of interest. I did look for some new stuff to pin though, so have some new idea percolating, but they may not work for a one layer card. I'll figure something out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!