Friday, September 12, 2014

Autumn Adornments, with Bling

I recently commented that it is possible to put too much bling on a card.

This is not such a card.




This wonderful dotty stamp from Papertrey's Autumn Adornments is perfect for a border embellished with bling.

Lots of little, tiny bling.

Oh, the joy of bling!!!

Remember that THANKSGIVING IS A THING. And my Thanksgiving Crusade, formerly known as the Gratitude Campaign, is about to be posted on the special tab labeled, conveniently enough, "Thanksgiving Crusade."

Are you setting a goal this year to send out a certain number of Thanksgiving cards? Or are you, like me, winging it? Do you already know to whom you will send cards? Or are you, like me, awaiting inspiration?

Have you thought about it at all?

Just wondering.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey
ink: Hero Arts rust and butter bar, Memento cocoa
paper: Papertrey
accessories: bling (of course)

3 comments:

  1. I am totally in agreement that Thanksgiving should hold more importance than Halloween. I WILL send Halloween cards to my children and grandchildren just because I do and I will. However, I will send Thanksgiving cards to more people than just my children and grandchildren. I don't have a goal number, but when I make my list there will probably be approximately 18 to 20 cards to make. It is bothersome to me that at this moment I do not have a mental picture of what this card will be. Time keeps passing. I do not want cute or funny. I want a card that says I am thankful and I want you to be thankful too. I want simple and strong. I will get there, but I am not there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a large oak leaf punch in July that inspired me to play with using Peerless watercolors to make fall leaves. They turned out so lovely, I made several Thanksgiving cards just using the Tim Holtz background stamp from Thankful Silhouettes in brown on kraft CS and three of the leaves tied with kraft baker's twine. I'll probably send most to family members.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautifully blinged card. The ink colors nicely reflect the season. I only do a couple of Thanksgiving cards. I could do more...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!