Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sometimes It Takes a While to See

It should come as no surprise that the Take Ten design challenges are, in fact, really challenging for me. The artistic style of most cards published in Take Ten is sort of the opposite of my style...very layered, embellished, lots of patterned paper, vintage/collage/shabby chic.

So when the latest issue came out, I looked at the entries for the design challenge and thought, "I'm not sure I can do this."

Until I saw Sherry Pakulski's bee card.



For some reason, Sherry's card inspired me as none of the others had. I love how she uses repetition of three smaller bee images and then a large bee for the focal point. I finally saw the layout in a way that made sense to me, that made me feel like I could, indeed, make it my own.

So I made this snowflake card as a result.


Using such a static design with snowflakes is counter-intuitive, but the obsessive-compulsive neat freak in me loves how lined up everything on this card is.

And the bling. Oh, how I love the bling.

Many thanks to Sherry for helping me see the bee and flake out! I couldn't have done it without her.

Supplies
stamps: SU Endless Wishes
ink: Hero Arts, Memento
paper: Papertrey
accessories: rhinestones, corner rounder

6 comments:

  1. I love how you've pulled out the design elements and made a CAS version of her card.

    Also, am I the only one discouraged by the projects in Take 10? It seems like some of them can't be made in 10 minutes without a lot of pre-planning and prep. I cry foul!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, What a great card. I love the simplicity, the placement of images and I really like the style of the sentiment you used. The perfect one-layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and thanks for sharing. Gonna try to look at things differently now :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!