Sunday, September 14, 2014

If It's Not One Thing, It's Ten

You know those days when ten things go wrong, and every time you turn around, the universe ups the ante on disaster?

Yeah. That.

Oy vey.

First, the dog gets "garbage gut"...a medical adventure about which I'll spare you the bloody details and which resulted in a hefty emergency vet bill. Yay.

Not.

Then, I walked into an unfinished area of our basement, innocently looking for a storage bin to gather all my Christmas craft supplies into.

Yes, I'm ending a sentence with a preposition. It's been one of those days.

Anyway, I walked into the storage area, only to find a flood. Thank you, Jesus, it hadn't gotten to the finished part of the basement and was largely absorbed by three big carpet remnants as it went on its way to the drain by the furnace and water heater.

And of course this area of the basement is full of boxes and bins and stuff. And wet carpet rolls are heavy, heavy, heavy. And wet.

So now I'm waiting for a plumber on weekend rates to fix this leaking pipe.

I guess this is just two things, rather than ten. But it feels like ten. If I get out of this weekend for under $1,000, I'm going to be relieved.

No new stamps for me any time soon.

So let's turn my frown upside down with a card from my recent splurge with a forward-looking card.



Red velvet ribbon. Bling. Christmas. Oh, joy! Christmas will come. Celebrations galore! Decking the halls! And, "God willing and the creek don't rise," working plumbing and a healthy pup!

At least it's something to look forward to.

Another sentence ending in a preposition...it's that sort of weekend.

Farewell while I deal with the plumber.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey, Clearly Besotted (sentiment)
ink: SU real red
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: red velvet ribbon, ScorTape, rhinestones

7 comments:

  1. Ooh. love that color and the velvet and Christmas. Hate the plumbing $$ and the vet $$. I'd end with a preposition but I don't want to push you over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm sipping a nice red wine blend and feeling much better. The plumber should be here in an hour. I hope. By then, I might not care at all!

      Delete
  2. We had water issues in our basement last year, so I could really relate to your problems, But you are so happy to get them fixed and cleaned up, you get over the repair bill in a hurry. Yes it is true!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do hope you and your pup are feeling much better now. Too many problems for one weekend...my sympathy to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the plumbing was fixed with not too much of a hole made in your wallet. Knowing dogs, I am sure there wasn't a moment of guilt on her face as you paid that bill. :<)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about the dog and the plumbing, but I will say that red velvet ribbon is scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Sorry about the leak.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!