Thursday, September 4, 2014

Birthday Wonkiness

Note: If you're at all interested, I'm blogging about the Ironman Wisconsin (a.k.a. IM Moo) on my other blog, Questioning my Intelligence. The first post, IM Moo Begins, is up. We have arrived safely in Madison, George is checked in, and we're about to head to dinner. Yay!

Today's card is a bit, well, wonky for me, but I love it anyway. It's so much fun, and that color combo really works for me. Besides, this whole weekend of Ironman craziness has me a little wonky myself. It just fits.



But I do want to add bling to this. Somewhere. Not sure where. If I do, I'll shoot another photo, and we can see if it works or not. If I don't, well, I will have chickened out.

I do that from time to time, especially if I have recently over-blinged a card, which I did last week. Oh, the tragedy of a good card ruined with too much bling.

Yes, too much bling is possible. Sad, but true.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey, Clearly Besotted
ink: Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey
accessories: dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. You can over-bling a card? Who knew. ;)

    I love your card... the "wonkyness" makes it interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thrilled you bought PTI's Ombre Builders. I loved the set, but hesitated. I kept going back to look at the images; my head was filled with ideas, so I finally succumbed. Haven't done anything with it yet, but am loving your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card could work with washitape too! I don't think this card needs some bling. And if you try, maybe one after the sentiment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about a little rhinestone on either side of the sentiment? Either colored to match one of the colors you used or clear. Just a suggestion! I think it's great the way it is, though! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style Susan and every card you make! As soon as I get organised, I'm going to drop you a line about Guest Designing!! I am rubbish with bling - I never know how to 'bling up' a card! I think I need some tips lol :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been on the fence about that PTI set and you may have pushed me over :-) Great card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!