Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Doing What It Takes

Here's another series of cards on getting the positioning right.

Centering this asymmetrical design doesn't look right to my eyes.
It's not terrible, but it isn't great either.

So I went to the sweet spot in the bottom right, but put the sentiment
too close to the right edge, and when I added the bling, that side
looked way too crowded.

So I tried one more time. I STILL didn't get it right...the sentiment was too
high this time, so I trimmed a bit off the bottom of the card.
No one will ever know. Unless they read this blog.


If it takes three tries to get it right, I'll take three tries. These sorts of cards...with a fun sentiment and a little bling...make me happy and are worth the effort.

Peace.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey
ink: Hero Arts soft lilac, Memento black
paper: Papertrey
accessories: rhinestones, Bic/Sharpie markers

4 comments:

  1. Really like the font mixture here! Awesome card~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very cool sentiment stamp, but how in the world were you able to use two different colors on that stamp, when the script letters overlap the block letters below? You are masterful, maybe even a magician!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No magic involved. They are two different stamps. I stamped birthday first and then happy over that. Presto! I love when stamp designers separate the words like that. It's so much more versatile!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!