Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I'm Back

Wow. That was a great--and long--weekend. We had a fabulous time in Madison, and if you want to see lots of pictures and some video of the experience, please visit THIS POST on my other blog.

Today's card uses the Ombre Builders set from Papertrey. This set works great for its intended use (building a color gradient), but it is also extremely versatile and makes it fun to play with all sorts of color combinations as well. 



This card uses a supply I've not used in a long time: 1/8" satin ribbon. I last used it (I think) to create loops for Christmas ornaments. Here, it creates a dividing line between the polka-dot background and the sentiment. Without the line of ribbon, the sentiment kind of floated in the design.

It's not often that "floaty" designs are good designs.

Now I'm off to my craft space to create. May your week be creative as well!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey
ink: VersaMagic ocean depth, tea leaves, jumbo java
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: satin ribbon, dimensionals

5 comments:

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!