Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Speaking of Faux Ribbon and Flow

Today's card uses the dashed line in Papertrey's Faux Ribbon to hint at the dashed yellow line of roads. Pretty cool, eh?

Raised panel is 1 3/4" x 3"

Today's card is part of a series I made using Papertrey's Birds of a Feather set. I had a bunch of small pieces of card stock and decided to see what would happen if I tried to use every stamp in the set...but with a twist: combining the set with random other stamps or sets for a collage-type feel (or as collage-y as I can get, LOL!). I let loose and played in the flow of creativity, and the results made me happy. I'll share them over the next few days.


Black, gray, bright yellow, and silver make an excellent color combination. The yellow really pops!

Flow is sort of magical. It comes (to me, at least) when I stop trying to control things and just play. I suspect having plenty of supplies helps, but really, flow seems more about letting go of control than anything else. It also seems to be about letting go of worrying about the end product. I didn't really aim for any particular results, just let ideas come and acted on them without overthinking. Out of six cards, only one didn't work for me. Not too shabby!

It's standard operating procedure in my craft room to try to use every stamp in a set, but rarely do things flow as well as they did with this series on Birds of a Feather. (Full disclosure: I didn't actually use all the stamps in the set, but enough to feel like I'd accomplished something!) Have you ever tried using a whole set and felt the flow engage? What did you think made everything click so well? How do you tap into flow?

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Birds of a Feather, Faux Ribbon, Masculine Motifs
ink: Hero Arts butter bar; Memento Luxe London fog and tuxedo black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: silver metallic marker, craft foam, glue

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the colors and it balances beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the colors and it balances beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought to use this colour combo, but hey this is sooo great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!