Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

As I said on the last post, blogger didn't post Monday's post as scheduled, so the emails are all off schedule. Sorry about that!

Several people have asked for more kid cards on Simplicity. Honestly, I make some of them but they aren't exactly cards that make me happy. I'm trying to change my attitude, but it's hard because I really don't like most of the stamps I have for kids, with the notable exception of a few sets by Clear and Simple Stamps).

Still, I do have to make kid cards, so here's the latest one. The bright colors really pop off the white cardstock, and a touch of glitter on the flames adds some sparkle. The stamp is an old Hero Arts wood-mounted rubber stamp. It's really my go-to for kid birthday cards.


This is pretty much what I make every time I need a kid card. Oh, I'll change up colors, but the layout and concept are pretty much the same. So now it's time for me to get jiggy with making some kid cards. I'll see what I can do.

Please, please, please make sure you put your two cents' worth in on THIS POST for suggestions of tweaks to Simplicity.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Birthday Candles
ink: memento black
paper: PTI white, SU brilliant blue
accessories: Bic mark-its, yellow stickles, ribbon, dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. Oh I am kid challenged too...have so few stamps as well...have to deal with that....all those numbers on PTI call to me....and the little images of kiddy things this month....have to look in the purse. 'Tweaks' to simplicity....none needed in my view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it looks so great for adults too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this is a great kid card! You could use it for anybody, really, but it IS something a kid would like. I love the color combo, and the glittered flames are so eye-catching. Guaranteed to please a kid! This may be my go-to kid card, too! Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card would be great for anyone -- from 1 to 101! I tend to get stumped when making cards for tweens or teens...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a fun card - and one that can suit all ages! I love candles - they remind me of birthday cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comment on your request for "tweaking" Simplicity...personally I love it the way it is, but would like to see more CASifications - when you feel like it, of course - I'll be here reading, enjoying, smiling and laughing as I wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll agree... this is a great card for a kid or adult!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun color combo, Susan! I don't make many kid cards either...don't have any kiddish stamps, so I struggle with it for sure.

    Thanks for adding my blog to your sidebar. Nice to know the celebs like my work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have trouble with kid's cards too! I have 3 grandsons ranging in age from 2 - 11 and they are all so different! I always struggle with their card. I love the bright blue candles with the bright yellow ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!