Thursday, January 27, 2011

OLW38 Let's Get Sketchy!--Edited!

Edited to add: Go check out the other cards for this challenge and you'll see that Karen C. and I think exactly alike!

This week's One-Layer Wednesday Challenge is a a fun one...a sketch that is AWESOME! I had my brand-new Love Birds set from Papertrey out on my desk and thought, WHOA!!! That's perfect!


And it was!

I can't wait to see what everyone else does with it. There are just so many possibilities, so put on your thinking caps and get to stampin'!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ink Love Birds
ink: Memento black, SU real red
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: gridded acrylic block to line stuff up

14 comments:

  1. i've had this set for a MONTH and i can't make it do :( this card is fabulous and i'm jealous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice take on the sketch challenge. Your choice of black, white and red is classy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so awesome. Totally love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is gorgeous and totally perfect for the sketch!

    You need to link it and........check out Karen's card.

    Heh.

    Freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nailed that challenge! You're making me want that set, you know. Stop it! Stop it, you enabler, you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL! Love your take on the sketch! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! I think anyone with the Love Birds set would want to do the same card. The images are perfect for this sketch. I am honored to have come up with the same card as you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous take on the sketch Susan, I love the little pops of red here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvelous card! This exactly why I try to never look at anybody else's cards for the challenge before I make my own. I'm fine with spontaneously making something very similar (or almost exactly alike, lol), but I hate to think I have been influenced. Especially since I am *very* easily influenced.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool card. I'm not generally a fan of mushy Valentines, so this one is right up my alley! Love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE one layer cards...this is so perfect. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it fun when great minds think alike?! Love the touches of red too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a sweet card, great use of negative space and simplified color. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!