Saturday, January 15, 2011

A List of Stuff and Two Challenges

1. Yes, I am in my last month on the Design Team at Mark's Finest. No, I am NOT closing the blog. Sheesh. Rumors need no help getting started, do they? But it was sweet of some of you to worry about this. I will continue at MFP in a position that requires a bit less time than the DT and is very much in keeping with my style of creativity and my new year's resolutions relating to crafting. I will certainly continue the regular posts here because I need to blog. It's an addiction.

2. Interventions to stop my addiction will not be welcome. In fact, you'll have to pry my stamps from my cold, dead hands.

3. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm feeling melodramatic tonight. A week of kid vomit will do that to me. My apologies. For the melodrama and for the mention of vomit. Oops, I did it again. Mentioned it. I didn't v.... You know what I'm trying to say.

4. While I'm making a list, think about what you'd like to see more of, less of, or different here at Simplicity. You don't need to tell me now, because I'd much rather have you oooohhh and aaahhhh over the two cards below, but I will be having a separate post for discussion of what you want to see in 2011 here on the most visually boring blog on the internet.

5. No, I'm not going to hire professionals to make Simplicity look hipper and cooler because I'm neither hip nor cool. I'm simple and darn proud of it. Although I really, truly have blog envy when I visit Carly's blog.... Sigh.

6. Envy is a deadly sin, so I'd best flog myself and get over it. Wait. I'm a Methodist and we're totally against flogging. I better just get over it.

7. The OLW for this week is over on Jennifer's blog and I LOVE IT! Naked Trees! So here's my card.



I sponged deliberately straight lines for the horizon and box to balance the very curvy lines of the tree, which is from Hero Arts and is one of my favorite tree stamps EVER. I won't tell you how long I debated the straightness of that horizon, but I like it. The bling is my favorite part of the card, though.

8. Bling is good.

[deleted by author]
10. I heart you. You make this whole blogging thing so much fun and motivate me and inspire me more than you will ever know. Thanks so much.

11. I'm going to bed now. You can thank me for stopping at eleven later.

34 comments:

  1. you are SOO MUCH FUN!!!!
    thanks.
    marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ooohing and aaahing!! Thanks for the laugh!
    Re # 4- I could do with a few less references to vomit Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny girl. Thanks for the chuckle at 3a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your melodramatic posts might be my favorite!
    We heart you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post - thanks a lot! I truly heart your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan,your blog is ANYTHING but boring! I always enjoy reading it and I love, love, love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly hope you don't try and make your blog more "hip and cool" because then I'd have to stop reading it. Your blog and your style rock! And everyone needs a melodramatic moment now and then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I don't know what I would do if you stopped blogging here at Simplicity and your other blogs (and what would I do without stories and pics of Daisy). I just want to tell you how much I enjoy your blogs. They are my daily must reads. "Hip and cool" LOL. I like your "non-hip and cool" blog -- I love all the white space (just like your cards) it makes it so easy to read -- CAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You simply....ROCK! So fun to get your subtle humor posts - boring? I think not! AND your cards are fabulous!! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PLEASE!!! Do not change your blog. Love all the white space. It helps make your beautiful cards even "beautifuller".

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the best. Stay true to yourself and your style and do the blog for YOU, because you enjoy it. Hearing how readers make bloggers feel like they HAVE to blog is one of the things keeping me from blogging myself. I say do what YOU want and if we the readers like it, we're lucky. If a reader doesn't like it, there are plenty of other blogs to look at. (and I hope your son is better - can't stand v!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with June K. the white space does make it easier to read and ensures the cards are the main event. I also have a minimalist theme on my card blog. I have tried fancier stuff only to find it clashes with my cards. Can't have that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is one of my very favorite. I don't always leave a comment, but I read it every day. I love your humor and your cards are always stupendous! So keep it simple...and keep it up! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog just the way it is...honest, humorous and highly inspirational!! Love the beauties that you've shared today. Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are simply lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with everyone else...I like your blog the way it is. The white spaces on your cards and your blog are your style. It's peaceful here. Don't change a thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your posts:-) I am totally drooling all over the little valentines card with the heart! wow!! Love your simple stamping:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Talented and a good sense of humor, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blog for it's simple design and witty comments. I really didn't like all the DT blog hop stuff because it just felt like you were being rushed to get things posted and the postings weren't really you.
    I really like it when you post the creative process or inspiration for the card you made. Many people think we just sit down and whip out something great with no thought or planning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like you -- and your blog -- just the way you are. Please don't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love you and your blog - don't ever change!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you are addicted to blogging and stamping! Your blog is my absolute favorite just the way it is. I especially like it when you tell why the design of the card works. Thanks for being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. First let me oh and ah over the cards. I love the way you did the horizon and sky with the tree - I want to be you and know that the curvy tree needs the straight horizon! And the heart card is total perfection.

    As for your blog - one reason I like it so much is that it does have a plain white background and doesn't make me feel frazzled like some blogs that have too much extraneous stuff going on. So, please, don't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful cards. Thank you for playing with Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are sooooo much fun...one of the few 'have to read' blogs I visit each day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your cards, love your sense of humour and love your blog the way it is.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ah, Susan, thanks for the laugh! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Susan - love this post. Don't change a thing! Love the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Susan, as my Dad's favorite song says, "I love you just the way you are!" Great post. I read both your blogs religiously daily, you truly are an inspiration. So, "don't go changing!" Have a great day. Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is my first time visiting your blog! I was so tickled by your "list" that I am now following!
    The blog is great and your cards are simple and very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your tree made me squee!

    I'm a poet and I didn't know it.

    I love that colour block and the horizon! The horizon!

    And the bling, the perfect pretty bling!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the sentiment banner. Really pretty, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your blog is an inspiration and one of the reasons I decided to take the plunge and start one myself. Love your sense of humor and your style of cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!