Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More Masking

Yesterday's card kept all the action inside the masked area, and today's card shows how you can spill over that masked line to add interest to a one-layer card. This monochromatic card uses a text background from Dawn Houser/Inkadinkado, SU's Stem Silhouettes, and a sentiment from Hero Arts. The bling is positioned in a visual triangle.


After making the green card, I decided to try pink with a different background. I like the green one better, but thought I'd share this one for those of you who love pink. This marbled background stamp is from Judikins, and the sentiment is from Hero Arts.




Supplies
stamps: listed above
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: rhinestones

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I love the little extra touch of the gems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like the green too but that might just be because it's my fav color!! Love that silhouette stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are my favourite colours and both are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beauties Susan. I love text on a card. Looks great with your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, especially the green one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are beautiful, but the green one wins for me :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I need to break out that set one of these days. Both colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these-- masking the borders instead of covering the whole card with a background...a nice clean look...somehow more cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Susan, beautiful cards. I do like the background, and I love anything with Garden Silhouettes. The bling just makes it perfect! And while the pink is pretty, it pales (which is hard for that pink!) in comparison to the green. Lovely job today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The branch is so lacy and pretty. My fave is the green card:) tfs

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful technique! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the green one, but that marble bg is so intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these cards are very nice. I really like each of them. I am inspired to make my own masks now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are lovely. reminds me to get out my background stamps

    ReplyDelete
  15. those are beautiful cards, love the color choices of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!