Sunday, January 2, 2011

Using Small Stamps is Easy as 1, 2, 3!

If you're ever stumped for something to do with those awkwardly small stamps that litter sets, here's an easy way to use them as focal point on a standard 5.5" x 4.25" card.

1. Create a small panel in white or cream.

2. Stamp a sentiment.

3. Use the small image once, twice, or three times to accent the sentiment.

4. Adhere the panel to a colored card base using dimensional tape.
Here's one sun...


Two hearts...


Three flowers....




For these cards, I created my small panel with a notebook paper stamp from Hero Arts stamped in pale colors. To add a little interest, I punched holes in the sides using a 1/8" circle punch. Because the messages are rather informal and the images mostly look doodled, I placed the stamped panels askew. They looked rather artificial and stiff when placed straight.

Don't worry. Tomorrow I'll post something at nice, tidy right angles.  In the meantime, why not play with your smaller stamps and see how strong a focal point they can be!

Supplies
stamps: various Hero Arts clear sets
ink: Memento except for the red, which is SU classic
paper: SU pumpkin pie, bashful blue, almost amethyst; PTI white
accessories: dimensionals

18 comments:

  1. great idea! thanks for the tip. I have my eye on an adorable lawn fawn set and this layout is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love the punched holes and the placement of the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Susan-- these are really cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cards! I like the coloured backgrounds ;)
    The notepaper stamp is great (must get one!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always learn so much from you! I am always completely stumped with what to do with small images! Thanks so much for you help with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas!..love these cards and I just happen to have a 'notebook paper' stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these! Thanx for the inspiration, Susan - I've CASEd a card from this idea, here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super duper cute, love the school lined paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with everybody, that notebook paper is adorable! Little images *are* hard. Yesterday I was thinking about giving my postage stamp stamp (looks weird but that is what I meant) a shot, but your method is WAY better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another clever use of your stamps. The first card is my favorite, but that might simple be due to the lack of sunshine outside my window. Happy new year, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness - all that coloured cardstock!! Great idea for those tiny stamps, they aren't immediately inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! Thanks for the great ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great cards and I really like notebook paper stamp

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tilted panels and coloured cardstock again! These are terrific cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute, Susan!! What a great set of cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute cards and very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!