Monday, January 24, 2011

Cool Caribbean Birthday

Happy Monday! I'm praying that this week we have a NORMAL week...no snow days, no school delays, no sick days. Just a NORMAL week.

Are you with me?

Today's card is larger than usual (6.25" x 4.5", fits an A6 envelope, I think). I tried the image on a regular-size card, but it was a tad too long and I wanted that dragonfly to be able to breathe. So here we go with some nicely proportioned white space that's really cool caribbean.


I love cool caribbean. I cannot believe that StampinUp didn't bring it back when they did their major color overhaul. I have two packs of it carefully hoarded, but unfortunately never got the reinker. Poor planning, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, I stamped the dragonfly in VersaColor turquoise and used a glue pen to put glitter onto its wings. The stamps are from Papertrey's Masculine Motifs set, which is a versatile and fun set to play with.

Have a lovely Monday!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Masculine Motifs
ink: VersaColor turquoise and bark
paper: white, cool caribbean, chocolate chip
accessories: dimensionals, glue pen, glitter (Doodlebug white)

15 comments:

  1. A great colour and a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I am with you. After two four day weekends in a row, my children have spent too much time together and are being extremely mean to each other. This results in me trying to be patient. You know who won that battle. I am all for a normal week! Very fun masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a lovely color -- and a lovely card to go with it!

    Good luck this week -- I'm just hoping it warms up a teeny tiny bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. The colors are space are wonderful. I too have "hoarded" papers with no reinkers! This is one of my top "must buy it" PTI sets ... let's see more of your work with it ... pretty please??!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! If I'm not mistaken that cool carribean was an In Color, and I can't believe I still have them all and the reinkers! I just made a baby card using that paper and the Big On Spring(retired) stamp set! It looks like I am going to have to CASE this one! Thank you for sharing this simple but beautiful card with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Card!
    I love Cool Carribean, didn't hoard any though, just have a couple of scraps left :(

    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that color. Really a shame that SU no longer makes it. Perfect masculine card. Thanks for the inspiration. Gotta go check out that stamp set now....can I just say...Enabler?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I unfortunately came into SU! and stamping AFTER Cool Caribbean was around. :o( It is a GORGEOUS color, and I love how you have paired it with the chocolate.

    I also love the sparkle on the dragon fly's wings. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!

    You should keep an eye on ebay for the reinker. You may pay slightly more than the $2.95 catalog price, but at least you'll have it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautfiful card. Love the Cool Caribbean. I don't remember ever seeing it before. I also would recommend checking Ebay!They have EVERYTHING you could ever want and you can usually find it from someone at a fair price.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dragonfly and love the fact that it has sparkle on its wings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just have a few scraps of Cool Caribbean paper left. Definitely my favorite of all their colors in the last 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Cool Caribbean with the Chocolate Chip and the super CAS layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ADORE Cool Caribbean & agree that SU should've brought it back! Your card is super!

    ReplyDelete
  15. But you don't need a Cool Caribbean reinker when the Versacolor looks so good! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!