Monday, July 2, 2012

OLW...It's All about the Size


This is my second post today. To see my tutorial on exact placement of a grid, please scroll down.



I'm finally able to post my OLW challenge card for this week. Cheryl is the host, and she challenged us to make a card that isn't A2 size.



I decided to make a 3" x 5" card, in honor of all the index cards I used in school for Spanish and Italian and Latin flash cards. (Yes, I'm just literate enough to be ignorant in three languages... four, if you count Old English, but most people don't.)

Of course, my card looks nothing like a student's study aid. I never blinged my flash cards.



What a fun challenge! If you haven't already, join in on Cheryl's blog before midnight Tuesday, and then check back here on Wednesday because it's my turn again!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Trendy Tree Tops
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: rhinestone, corner rounder

5 comments:

  1. Great tree and bird. I seldom make a card other than A2 size, but occasionally I make a 3x3 or a tag. I need to try another size ... Maybe I will ... soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... I made my very first one layer card today and since I very seldom make an A2 size card my card actually fits the challenge since it is 6.5"x5"! LOL!! I've never entered a challenge and the 3 cards I made today (I liked the first one so much I made 2 more) are already sealed into their envelopes and I didn't take a picture... wouldn't you know it. Oh, I do have my practice card that I made before using the good cardstock! LOL!! Maybe I'll snap that one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card! Like the images and the coordinated blue bird and blue sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, Adorable size, and I like the two rounded corners!

    I had to laugh when you mentioned index cards as language flash cards. I just said to my daughter last week, "please do something with all of these index cards all over your room"! She has taken Latin for the last two years. During the school year I have flash cards all over my house. LOL... Glad you had a chance to play this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely simple card...gorgeous in fact. Thanks for the comment on my card also, appreciate it so much. Being a full time carer for my 100yr old dad I have little time and comments like yours make it all worth while..creating does take time and skill...love annie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!