Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Custom Christmas Card

If you're reading this in email, please note that this is the second post of the day. Scroll down to see a couple of important announcements!

Every now and then, I find a product or stamp that is perfect for someone I know in real life. When I found wood veneer paper at Michael's, I knew instantly that it was perfect for my aunt Linda, who has amazing woodworking skillz.

5" x 7"

 It's kind of a cool story, so let me share. My grandfather was seriously handy, and he had an extensive workshop in a detatched garage behind his house. After he died, my aunt would sit in his workshop because she felt so close to him there. Finally, one day, she asked my grandmother if she could have his woodworking tools. Of course my grandmother said yes, so Linda moved all the tools into her basement and took a bunch of classes at the community college.

She now makes museum-quality furniture.

My boys have the very best rocking horse in the world.

Anyway, this is my aunt's Christmas card, which uses two shades of the wood paper and an awesome Christmas tree punch. The trees are so big I had to use a larger card base...5"x7".

Do you ever make custom Christmas cards for people? If so, what product or stamp makes you think of them?

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Peaceful Poinsettia
ink: Memento
paper: wood veneer (Michael's), Papertrey white
accessories: star and tree punches

7 comments:

  1. I used that same tree and star punch to make Christmas cards for my husband to give to his employees with their bonus using the company colors. I usually only send out about 25 Christmas cards each year so I have a bit more time to make customized cards. My favorite so far has been a Christmas box aperture card from Sophisticutz at Thyme Graphics(http://www.thymegraphics.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=SCChristmasBoxAperture&cat=47). It is a five layer snowy scene with deer that is made with an electronic cutting machine. Though it has many layers to make it 3-D, it is still rather CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your customized card is wonderful. I'm sure your aunt will love it. While I customize birthday cards on a regular basis, I've never customized my Christmas cards. Maybe one day ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I never have customized Christmas cards, but I would like to someday. I usually have a hard enough time coming up with one idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do make custom cards for those very special people at Christmas time. Your card is wonderful, and the accompanying story was a delight to read. I'm sure your auntie will adore and treasure this card always. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE this card, Susan! How special…. and thank you for sharing the very touching story about your aunt. Wow….

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, and an even greater story. Where in Michael's did you find the veneer paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on a spinner rack toward the front of the store. But I haven't seen it there for a while now.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!